Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there!
I am lucky enough to have one of the world's best fathers, and so that's how I know how lucky Ada is to have John. He is so sweet and tender and patient and loving with her. He cracks her up and gives her comfort. He makes the most delicious bottles and gives life (and voice) to her various stuffed animals. He and I have been together over fifteen years now and I didn't know it was possible to love him more. But I watch him with Ada and I see how much they love each other -- my heart swells ten sizes. This time together, just the three of us, has been such a gift.
In the time we've been here, John has written Ada bedtime lullabies and he sings them to her whenever he's putting her to sleep. Lots of nights when I hear him singing to her, it chokes me up. The songs are so sweet and so soothing to her. He's magic and she adores him. So do I. I've never felt more blessed or more in love with my family!
3 comments:
On one wall in the family room, you need to have that pic of John in the chair so NATURALLY being Ada's dad blown up into wall mural size .. . . on the other the one outside at the up angle should be made into a wall mural. On the opposing sides go two of Mommy and Ada . . . . yes . . . that would only be fitting! Happy Father's Day John . . . you, dear sir, are a natural! How heartwarming!
Happy Father's Day!
happy father's day john! can't imagine what ya'll are going through to get back. can't wait for you to visit the atl... we're almost there ourselves... 6 weeks and counting...(keleigh's belly is impressive).
Post a Comment