30 May 2008

Baby Steps

Well, we've changed locations again. Now we are staying on West Lake in Hanoi. For the first time in over a month, we have silence. There are no traffic noises at all and it's wonderful. We have a huge terrace overlooking the lake and like to imagine our next week or two will be very relaxing.

Ada is still not 100% but she's taking baby steps back to good health. Poor thing has had a very tough week, but we've found some fun along the way. So, thanks to all of you who have sent us love and get-well wishes. You just can't know how much it means to have such support in this crazy adventure.

Finally, and regrettably, we still have no real news to report on when we're coming home. The grapevine is full of hope and promise though, so keep those fingers crossed!

Here are promised photos from our week:


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both look like you were made just to hold her for the rest of your lives. . . . .so sweet. I must say . . . I miss having you in the same area code . . . . .hope the grapevine proves fruitful!

Anonymous said...

Ada looks so happy! She's beautiful. Glad she's better, too.

David Andrews said...

Thank you so much for sharing pictures and commentary. It's inspiring. I'm glad Ada is better - she looks great (and happy) in the photos. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll be back in NC soon.

tommy yum said...

Get back over here as quickly as possible. I've come down with "gimme that baby!" fever.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see and hear that Ada's feeling better. We were getting worried!
As always, anything we can do for you here, just let us know. We're just a few blocks away- no trouble.
She's getting prettier in each picture (which I didn't think possible)
hugs,
Karen and Jeff

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear Ada is starting to feel better, I was worried when I didn't seen any posts. I've got all my fingers crossed (makes they typing tough but worth it) that you'll all be home soon so we can ooh and ahh over that bundle of joy. Give Ada a big hug for me.

Anonymous said...

[steve irwin]Glad to hear that Ada is feeling better. She sure looks happy in the photos. Cannot wait to see her int the flesh

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she's feeling better! Love love,
Selena

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm just catching up for the last month, and am amazed at how much has happened and equally annoyed how little progress has been made at getting you all home! Ada looks absolutely happy and adorable--not at all that no-nonsense baby from the orphanage.

Enjoy your sojourn at the lake, at least.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Ada is feeling better. Thanks for the new photos. She's just adorable! Can't wait to meet her in person. Hope to see you all soon!!

-- Mike

Anonymous said...

I agree with Auntie Sharon. You both look like you have been doing this for years. What a smile...Miss you guys
Chris and Carole