06 May 2008

Bliss

Ada is such a sweet baby! Today marks our one week anniversary as her parents, and we feel like we won the baby lottery! She is so full of smiles and giggles and joy. I can't imagine life any other way... I'm so glad we came and are together. We feel like we were born to parent this child.

As for her health, she's cutting teeth and has a pretty bad case of ringworm on her face and scalp. She saw a doctor today and we've begun to treat it. Otherwise, she is in perfect health! This is not serious, just itchy. I'm confident she would rather itch though than let us apply the ointments and shampoos that are in her future for the next three weeks. Another adventure with Ada...

We've taken her swimming now too. At first, she clung to me like a tree monkey. But after about five minutes or so, she was splashing and kicking and having a blast. She even gave me some yummy smooches in the pool -- heaven, I tell you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the kisses! You look so happy.