11 May 2008

Motherhood





Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!

Today is my first Mother's Day, and I feel like the luckiest woman alive.

I am also mindful that somewhere near here there is a woman who is without her child this Mother's Day. I am so grateful to her for all she has done -- her strength and bravery and courage made this possible. Today is her day too, and I celebrate Ada's birth mother. The gift of this child is overwhelming.

3 comments:

The Gregs said...

Could she be more adorable? Happy day, Mommy!

Anonymous said...

Happy First Mother's Day!!!

Woohoo! We are thinking of you everyday. What wonderful pictures and what an amazing journey and what a beautiful baby!
Love,

Dave said...

More updates, please! :)

Also, Ada is officially invited to Elizabeth's 1st birthday party this Sunday so you better get on a plane quick.