01 May 2008

Details...

Ada is an amazing baby! She is so sweet and loving and patient with us as we try to find our way as parents. I have never been so in love -- this is truly incredible!

Ada has been our daughter for about 48 hours now. She's eating and sleeping well, although she refuses everything except her warmed formula. She expects prompt service at bottle time and can down 8 ounces in about 3 minutes flat. She's also a real mover when she sleeps, but sleeps soundly and through the night. No teeth yet, but it looks like four (2 on top and 2 on the bottom) are imminent!

Ada can crawl, pull up, and cruise pretty well if there is something worth cruising towards... today, I made the cut and she cruised around her crib to me. She gives great kisses and is a snuggle bug! She had her first bath last night and did not love it like we'd hoped. She sat perfectly still, holding on tight to the inflatable rubber ducky bath tub. She didnt make a sound, but gave me a good scowl when I splashed the water. BUT when the bath was over, she giggled and cooed all the way through the baby rub down that followed! Ada is a total sweetheart!

Today, she's been babbling so much. She really seems to be cutting loose a little more and luckily she thinks we're hilarious. Also, in our apartment, we have a huge mirror on the wall. Ada is taken with herself, as well she should be. This morning, she gave herself some high-fives and big smooches! Mmmmm. So cute!


Needless to say, we think she's perfect! Check her out:




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Words can not express my joy for you and I thank you for sharing the joys of discovery with us.

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo!!
I am so excited to see Ada in your arms!!! I can't wait to see the whole family back in the states. I'll check back often for status updates, so please keep the info flowing.

The Gregs said...

She is perfect.

Anonymous said...

She sure is beautiful. Can hardly wait to see her.

Anonymous said...

Wow . . . . . Again.

You two are so blessed. What a little angel you have . . . .right here on earth.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! You guys look like you are having fun! The pictures are great and John the PJs are sweet but it looks like you are missing your smoking jacket. I do not think Ada was not enjoying the bath she just wanted you to put that duck in the pool so she could enjoy. Love Jay, Bobbi and Wren

Anonymous said...

She IS perfect :)

Anonymous said...

I have been watching the new pictures posted every day with such excitement. I'm so happy that you are all together now. You already look inseparable!
I can't wait till you can come home and I can meet her! Enjoy this precious time together.
Love, E

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!
I am very happy for all three of you.
Looking forward to meeting Ada in person!
Best
Steve

Anonymous said...

whooooohoooo!!!! She is beautiful!!!! Congrats.