I've just watched my mother and stepfather drive away from the hotel to catch their flight back home to California. They have been here with us from the beginning. Mom and Larry have been such a huge help to us as we try to figure out this parenting gig, and it broke my heart to see them go. I'll never forget my mom's sage advice at the first overflowing dirty diaper -- "get her to the sink" and she expertly washed away all traces of the mess! And Larry's incessant search for a ball for Ada was well worth it -- she loves to crawl after her special toy that always gets away from her.
Ada was sleeping when they left and they insisted that I not wake her for a goodbye hug and kiss... I know she'll miss them when she finally rises this morning. She thinks they are so funny, and she's really bonded with them over the last ten days.
This post is to them and for them. We are so grateful for their gift of time and of love, not to mention their patience and support! We hope we'll be home soon because Ada will be excited to see her Nana and Poppy again!




4 comments:
Wishing you a Happy 1st Mother's Day dearest . . . . you glow . . . . positively illuminating.
Glad you can see all the wonderful comments from your peeps now! Daily dose of warm fuzzy ;) We are so proud of you guys and we know that you will be fearless and awesome during this (hopefully) short time on your own. Of course, you know you are never really alone...? We all wait with bated breath for the next email or blog entry! Happy Mother's Day! I have been waiting a long time to say that to you Kelly. Wren says "Happy Mom Day to my second Mommy!" Love you guys, bjw
Woo hooo! Its my first Mother's Day and I already got to sleep late and wake up to kisses from my sweet angel hubby and sweet angel baby! Yay!
Happy Mother's Day! So very sweet.
Post a Comment